Thursday 3 May 2012

A Moment to Appreciate

I love our house, but ....... if there was just one thing that I would change it would be the size of our garden. It's somewhat bijou. I can't help but feel that parenting a five year old boy would be far easier if you had at least an acre out back in which he could run himself ragged to burn off some of that irrepressible energy.

Sadly the garden has sometimes been unfairly blamed for some of the frustrations we encounter in trying to contain the excesses of small children. However a few sunny moments spent today in capturing images of the parts of our garden which provide colour, detail and interest has awakened a real appreciation for what our garden is instead of what I would like it to be. I'm sure there is a metaphor for life in there somewhere, but instead I'll just say the obvious - size isn't everything.    



















My two year old daughter was very intrigued by the camera as I took these shots. She asked that I show her how to use the camera then promptly pointed it at me and took this. Here is the first photo my daughter ever took of me. Camera shy as I usually am, I have to admit that I couldn't love it more.