Monday 24 January 2011

Listography - Things I Wish I Could Do

Thanks to Kate for this week's list, which is 5 things I wish I could do.

1. Have the right response at the right time.

You know the feeling. Someone has just put an argument to you/insulted you/laughed at you. After stewing over things for half an hour it suddenly comes to you in a flash of brilliance. The response you should have given which would have utterly defeated your nemesis/husband/colleague and made you look dazzlingly witty/erudite/intelligent. But it's not much bloody good 30 minutes later is it?

2. Dance an Argentine street tango in Buenos Aires.

Who wouldn't?
















3. Whistle

4. Burp

I just wish I could. These two choices aren't big things I know, but when you can't do them you look with admiration upon people who can. I have previously blogged about my
burp envy. If you are blessed with this talent drink a fizzy drink and do one for me. Then whistle in appreciation. How cool are you?!

5. Write a novel.

Am in total agreement with Kate on this one. I love writing and have tremendous respect for anyone who can sustain their train of thought long enough to actually get several thousand cohesive words down on paper. One day I'd like to have a go, but I'm just a bit worried I won't be able to do it, so I'm putting it off for now.